http://email@example.com 0 0 Larry Dillard http://firstname.lastname@example.org Larry Dillard2020-11-26 09:10:172023-03-21 00:27:04What is Stanford Domains Governance Policy?
While Stanford is providing the infrastructure to allow students, faculty, and staff to create personal domains, Stanford does not routinely monitor webpages and does not assume responsibility for content. Stanford reserves the right to monitor any site hosted within su.domains and if found in violation of policy, lock the site. The authors of websites are responsible for all content on their sites.
Please see more governance policy information in:
- Stanford Admin Guides
- University Communications policy on Stanford Name Assignment Policy
- University Communications Stanford University Name Use, Seal, or Logo Requests
- University Communications, AVP Business Development – Trademarks Name Use Guidelines
In addition to the above university-wide standards, Stanford Domains users agree to the following Terms of Service:
- All sites on su.domains must be linked to an ‘active’ Stanford University email address
- See additional info on our Do’s and Don’t page
- For most sites on su.domains, email should be ‘<sunetid>@stanford.edu’
- All cpanels will be verified during a yearly audit period by the cpanel owner of record who’ll receive notice via their Stanford email address:
- Sites NOT replying to the yearly email will be locked
- Users can submit a Service Request to have their site unlocked
- After sites have been locked for three months, they will be removed from su.domains
- See our Yearly Audit FAQ