- From the main site menu at domains.stanford.edu, click Get Started and log in with your SUNet ID.
Or, submit the Stanford Domains Interest Form and we can help you set up your new website.
- Go to Dashboard to choose a free subdomain name, e.g., [subdomain].su.domains.
- After you’ve secured a subdomain name, you can install open source web applications to begin building your new website. We recommend installing a content management system (CMS) such as WordPress, but you can browse other web applications on the Stanford Domains Dashboard.
- Once a CMS installed, all content management will be done from the CMS application. Changes to your Stanford Domains space settings or to install other web applications must be done within the Stanford Domains web application.
- You should also take a look at pre-built WordPress templates for coursework websites. Here are a few templates ready for you to use:
See more information about Getting Started
Please review these important articles:
- Stanford Domains Governance Policy
- Can and can’t do on Stanford Domains
- Linkedin Learning for more about web and web application
We encourage you to visit the Reclaim Hosting support site for the most up-to-date information about the platform.
For general support questions about the Stanford Domains service, please submit a Help request.
If your website is down or you’re experiencing other Stanford Domains website issues, please submit a Help ticket.